How do I sell safely?
We have some tips to make sure you and your buyer making a safe trade and walk away happy:
Typical fraudulent buyer behavior
- The buyer demands you send the item before they pay for it.
- The buyer is keen to pay the asking price immediately, or even overpay. When it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
- The buyer is from a foreign country or wants to buy the item for a relative.
- Stick to the location agreed upon as much as possible because scammers like to take you to other unknown locations after the initial meeting.
Meeting a buyer
- Try to meet in person. We'd recommend trading locally for safe deals.
- A buyer who offers you more money to deliver your item to them, might be a scammer, so you need to make sure you get paid first.
- Try to meet in a public place like a shopping mall or petrol station. Whether you're meeting in a public place or even at your home, make sure you have a friend or family member with you.
Making the exchange
- As far as possible, only get paid in cash for your item.
- If you accept a bank or cash transfer (ie. Wing or TrueMoney), make sure to check if the payment is received before handing over the item.
Tinglok.com is not in any position to handle or facilitate any trading activities. So, please, be careful when handing over payment.
How do I buy safely?
Safety is everything to us. And here’s how to experience a safe transaction…
If you’re buying
- Try to meet the seller in person in a public place, like at a mall or a coffee shop
- Only hand over the money once you’re happy with what you’re buying
- Whatever you do, don’t buy before you try- always examine the item and then pay for it
- It’s better and quicker to find sellers in your location.
- And please, be careful
Tinglok.com is all about connecting buyers and sellers. We aren’t in any position to handle or facilitate any trading activities. So, please, be careful when handing over payment.